Photo by: Karla King

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tuesday, May 31

I spent the day with little Mason today. He is up in weight to 3 pounds 1 ounce. He is on full feeding through his feeding tube. He had an ultrasound of his little head today that showed he had no sign of a brain bleed. YAY! He is doing awesome. He still is receiving caffeine for his heart de-sats but other than that he if wonderful. He has a roommate in the NICU that is not doing too well. She is a little newborn that needs alot of prayer. The mom is VERY young and I do not know much about her. I have seen her twice, and both times she just came in and dropped off milk and then left....without even looking at her baby. Well the baby is having surgery tomorrow, and the mom is no where to be found. She has not given any consent for the baby to have the surgery, which means it can not be done. From the sound of it, the baby is really sick and needs these surgeries asap. I hope that you will pray for her, and the mom. My heart goes out to them. Not to be a complete downer, but I also saw a mom today, VERY pregnant, smoking a cigarette. I am not judging any of these mothers, but I can not help but get mad. My child is in there fighting for his little life, and these mothers seem to not be worried at all about theirs. It is just heartbreaking. Makes me very thankful for my little man, and makes me want to give my children all the love I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment