Photo by: Karla King

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Saturday, May 28th

Today I write from the Ronald McDonald house. I got a room here for the weekend. I was able to hold Mason last night for about 2 hours. It was hard to put him back! I am so attached. He is doing great. His weight is holding at 2 pounds 15 ounces. He should be off his IV today. He is on full feedings, only breast milk, and he is digesting everything. He has proved the "Wimpy-White-Boy-Syndrome" wrong. The nurses in the NICU believe that white males are the slowest to improve, and get better, where African American females are the strongest. I don't know how to compare because obviously I have never had an African American girl, lol but I know I am just proud of the little man that God has blessed me with. I will try to keep you updated on Mason over the weekend, just please keep him in your prayers! Thanks you!

No comments:

Post a Comment