Photo by: Karla King

Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday, May 13th

Friday night I was at home with Madisyne, my 2 year old. I was feeling ok, nothing out of the ordinary. I laid down on the couch with Madi to watch a movie. I must have fell asleep, because woke up having contractions and I had reason to believe that my water had broke. Well I called a friend of mine and she came and got Madi and I went to the Regency to see what was going on.
I went to triage and the nurse Kim was one I had had before so she knew that something was up. She checked to see if my water had broke and of course, story of my life, it had. So the journey begins....

They admitted me right away and started me on magnesium. Those of you that have never had the privelage of being on mag, count your blessings. It makes you feel like you have just ran a marathon and then just laid back in bed. Its awful. The reason for the mag was to stop contractions, which it worked.
They kept me on the mag for 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment