Photo by: Karla King

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunday, July 3rd

Ok sorry it has been a while since I wrote. I have been kinds in a slump....I'm so anxious for Mason to come home. I have been told 2 weeks, to any day, to 2 more weeks again. I am getting to where I am just not expecting anything, then I won't be disapointed. Well, enough of my "whoes" Mason is doing great. He is now 5 pounds and 5 ounces. He is doing awesome! He had an eye exam last week that said he has an immature retina, but that only means that the blood vessels in the retina are not fully developed. They will do another eye exam in about a week. He has to be more consistent with his bottle feeds before they will allow him to  come home. Now he is at 45 ml every three hours, he will drink 27 ml, or even 10 or 11ml, and then he will out of the blue drink the whole bottle. So my little man just needs to eat more consistently. I stayed the night with him last night in the NICU and I believe I got about 2 hours of sleep. Apparently Mason likes to sleep all day and be up all night. So that HAS to change before he comes home! LOL I don't really care if he is nocturnal for the rest of his life I just want him home! Well I will update you guys as soon as there is a change! Thank you for all the prayers and please keep them coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment